Azek products must be painted prior to being installed or they will discolor and void the warranty. The following is recommended:
- Azek doesn’t have a finish and that leaves the material subject to dirt, smudges, mold, and mildew.
- Properly prepared and painted with even brush strokes gives it the appearance of finely painted wood.
- A properly painted finish will last for years, protecting the substrate from mold, mildew and UV rays.
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and void of any foreign material such as dirt, oil, grease or other contaminants that may come from normal handling, storage and/or installation prior to painting.
- Use a 100% acrylic latex paint with colors having a Light Reflective Value (LRV) of 55 or higher.